Belmore Road Family Practice is pleased to advise that we are an approved vaccination provider for the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
We will not be giving the Pfizer vaccine at this practice.
If you are eligible to receive the AstraZeneca vaccine please call reception and put your name down on the list and we will contact you once we have an appointment available. We will be giving the vaccine in dedicated vaccine clinics. You will not be able to see the doctor or have anything else done during your visit, including scripts or blood pressure taken.
PLEASE NOTE: We are a small practice and are only being given a small amount of vaccines so we will now only be vaccinating our own patients.
To find out when you are eligible to receive the vaccine, visit https://covid-vaccine.healthdirect.gov.au/eligibility and complete the COVID-19 Vaccine Eligibility Checker. This will tell you which phase of the rollout you are in.
Please see the following information sheets regarding the vaccine.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) update:
Here at the Belmore Road Family Practice we are well prepared to deal with the COVID-19 outbreak. We have precautions in place to care and protect our patients and staff. The following procedures are now being followed:
Appointments for patients with flu-like symptoms
IF you have any flu-like symptoms i.e cough, high temps, runny nose etc or IF you have been to any of the current hotspot areas (please check with NSW health for these or call the surgery) in the past 14 days you can still be seen by a Doctor or nurse but not in the surgery.
Please follow these steps:
- Please call the surgery and give the reception staff your symptoms and travel history if applicable
- They will then endeavour to give you an appointment time
- At the time of your appointment please make your way to the gazebo at the rear of the surgery
- When you arrive take a seat under the external section of the tent
- Please then telephone the surgery to make us aware of your arrival
- PLEASE DO NOT COME INTO THE SURGERY UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES
- A Doctor or Nurse will come down to meet you as soon as one is available
- While waiting for your appointment please self-isolate – i.e. don’t go to the shops, work or school
During this time our Doctors may decide it is appropriate to have a consultation with you over the phone. Please note that there may be a consultation charge for this.
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
- fever (37.5 ° or higher)
- sore/scratchy throat
- shortness of breath
- loss of smell or
- loss of taste
Other reported symptoms include:
- runny nose
- muscle pain
- joint pain
- loss of appetite
In more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia with severe acute respiratory distress.
Infection with COVID-19 is diagnosed by finding the virus in samples of respiratory fluid taken from the back of the nose and/or throat, or from the lungs.
You can have the test done at one of the local clinics – find the list here.