Please note that we will no longer be giving these at the surgery, including the booster. If you can download the HotDoc app you will be able to search for a facility in your location that will be providing this service.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) update:
Here at the Belmore Road Family Practice we are well prepared to deal with the COVID-19 outbreak. We have precautions in place to care and protect our patients and staff. The following procedures are now being followed:
Appointments for patients with flu-like symptoms
IF you have any flu-like symptoms i.e cough, high temps, runny nose etc you can still be seen by a Doctor or nurse but not in the surgery.
Please follow these steps:
- Please call the surgery and give the reception staff your symptoms
- They will then endeavour to give you an appointment time
- At the time of your appointment please make your way to the gazebo at the rear of the surgery
- When you arrive take a seat under the external section of the tent
- Please then telephone the surgery to make us aware of your arrival
- PLEASE DO NOT COME INTO THE SURGERY UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES
- A Doctor or Nurse will come down to meet you as soon as one is available
During this time our Doctors may decide it is appropriate to have a consultation with you over the phone. Please note that there may be a consultation charge for this.
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
- fever (37.5 ° or higher)
- sore/scratchy throat
- shortness of breath
- loss of smell or
- loss of taste
Other reported symptoms include:
- runny nose
- muscle pain
- joint pain
- loss of appetite
In more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia with severe acute respiratory distress.
Infection with COVID-19 is diagnosed by finding the virus in samples of respiratory fluid taken from the back of the nose and/or throat, or from the lungs.
You can have the test done at one of the local clinics..